New LDL25 Series Linear Actuator Is a Cost-Competitive Alternative to Pneumatics
March 15, 2021
The LDL has been designed as a cost-competitive alternative to pneumatics. A common trend in industrial automation is that users are looking for electric alternatives to their pneumatic components for a number of reasons: control, cycle life, operating cost and environment, etc. The LDL series actuator features several innovative cost reduction elements that result in a list price starting at $300 US.
- – Dimensions [mm]: 180×63.5×25.4
- – Stroke [mm]: 50 (10, 25 and 100 will be added)
- – Peak Force [N]: 30 (48VDC)
- – Encoder Resolution [µm] : 5 standard, 1 optional
- – Long life cycle tested to 500 million cycles
- – Fully programmable in force, position and velocity
- – SMAC’s Patented ‘Soft-Land’ technology
- – Built-in controller type available
- – Cost competitive: starting at $300 US for 10mm stroke
Information on the LDL Series Electric Cylinders from SMAC can be viewed at: https://www.electromate.com/pub/media/assets/catalog-library/pdfs/SMAC/SMAC%20LDL25-XXX-YY-6F_A1.pdf.