October 13, 2021
GAM announces the release of the new GCL cycloidal gearboxes. The new gearboxes provide high precision and rigidity for horizontal and vertical robotic and motion control applications.
The GCL is designed to withstand the frequent start-stop impact loads of industrial robots and other motion control applications with impact resistance five times nominal torque. The GCL series is available in a wide range of sizes with ratios from 36:1 to 192:1.
Output options for the GCL series include component boxes with a solid flanged output (GCLC F) or a hollow shaft flanged output (GCLC-H). In addition, the solid flanged output gearbox is available with a cover and motor mount (GCL-F). The GCL series can be used in a variety of applications, from robotics and automation to medical equipment, where zero-backlash and high tilting and torsional rigidity are required
- Backlash of ≤1 arcmin with lost motion of ≤1 arcmin
- Withstands the frequent start-stop impact loads of industrial robots with impact resistance 5x nominal torque
- Multi-tooth meshing for torsional rigidity
- Flange output in 7 sizes with nominal output torque of 167 to 4410 Nm and ratios of 57:1 to 192.4:1
- Flanged hollow output in 6 sizes (up to 138 mm through hole) with output torque of 490 to 4900 Nm
- Configurations include:
- Component with loose input shaft/pinion (GCLC-F, GCLC-H)
- Gearbox with cover, integrated input, and motor mounting plate (GCL-F)
- Drops in for many competitors’ products
- Integrated motor adapter plate ready to mount your motor
- Optional integrated pre-stage
Additional information on the GAM Robotic Cycloidal Gearbox can be found at-