Web Visualization with WinCC Unified View of Things
February 16, 2023
Using web visualization with WinCC unified, The View of Things function enables you to operate and monitor relevant control parameters directly via the web server of your S7-1500 controller. Find out how easily you can integrate a web visualization of your PLC into your automation concepts.
Simple configuration without programming knowledge
View of Things follows the project planning approach. You do not need any programming knowledge. Simply use the intuitive drag-and-drop editor to realize your web visualization, just like in TIA Portal.
Part of the WinCC Unified System
The “View of Things” functionality uses most of the objects that are also available for WinCC Unified PC or the Unified Comfort Panels. This ensures the consistency and reusability of your visualization.
Complete integration into the S7-1500 family
The View of Things function for simple web visualization is integrated in all S7 1500 controllers with the TIA Portal V17 firmware. You do not need any additional hardware or software.
It’s that easy to configure your web visualization
For engineering, you use the common editors available within the TIA Portal. The demo video shows how easy it is to create a web visualization with WinCC Unified View of Things.
To quickly and safely start your first View of Things project, you can download here the application example with the documentation of all project steps and settings.
What a simple web visualization with WinCC Unified View of Things is suitable for
Siemens’ offers you an overview of use cases and possible uses of web-based visualization with View of Things.
- Use based on demand: If there is no need for continuous operator control and monitoring and the web visualization is only used occasionally, e.g. for regular maintenance.
- Cramped installation conditions: When the machine is in a complex infrastructure that makes it difficult to install an HMI panel on site.
- Use of familiar tools: When the users are not familiar with the operation of industrial HMIs – such as in agriculture.
- More than just industry: When the robustness of industrial operating devices is not required, and standard tablets and mobile devices are sufficient for operator control and monitoring.
- Service interface: If it makes sense to separate the visualization for 24/7 operation from the visualization for service and maintenance work.
What distinguishes WinCC Unified View of Things
WinCC Unified View of Things is designed for simple, web-based visualization tasks. This makes View of Things a lean HTML5 visualization solution with which you always have the most important things in view. If your web visualization more sophisticated requirements, we recommend using a fully equipped HMI solution like WinCC Unified PC or the Unified Comfort Panels.
Siemens Canada Industrial Webinar Series
Siemens Canada Digital Industries is excited to bring you a series of webinars related to our industrial technology solution portfolio