Teledyne Announces New Ladybug6 Cameras for High Accuracy 360-Degree Spherical Image Capture
October 24, 2022
Teledyne FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions is pleased to announce the all new Ladybug6— the latest addition to its field proven Ladybug series. Ladybug6 is the leading high-resolution camera designed to capture 360-degree spherical images from moving platforms in all-weather conditions. Its industrial grade design and out-of-the-box factory calibration produces 72 Megapixel (MP) images with pixel values that are spatially accurate within +/- 2 mm at 10-meter distance.
“The new Teledyne Ladybug6 is designed for mobile mapping and all-weather inspection projects requiring excellent image quality and high resolution,” said Mike Lee, Senior Product Manager at Teledyne FLIR. “With the addition of Ladybug6, we are now pleased to offer a wider variety of spherical cameras with higher resolutions ranging from 30 MP to 72 MP.”
The new Ladybug6 builds on Teledyne’s machine vision heritage with increased image resolution, enhanced on-board processing, and robust IP67-rated connectors. Building on the field proven Ladybug5+, the Ladybug6 captures, compresses, and transmits 8-bit or 12-bit pixel data delivering outstanding images across a wide range of lighting conditions with excellent color response, low noise, and a high dynamic range.
Designed from the ground up to capture images from moving platforms in outdoor environments, the Ladybug6 features a wide operating temperature range (-30° C to 50° C), support for additional Global Navigation Satellite Systems, and trigger control by hardware or software with advanced APIs for complete camera control.
Ladybug6 cameras are engineered to deliver high-accuracy, high-resolution, and dependable results for applications such as HD mapping, asset management, roadside inspection, panoramic street image production for street view, road surveying, heritage scanning, building management, among several others.
- •Captures 72 Megapixel images with spatial accuracy of +/- 2 mm at 10-meter distance
- •Frame rates of up to 29.9 FPS at 4K resolution, 15 FPS at 72 MP
- •Wide operating temperature range of -30° C to 50° C
- •IP65 rating with industrial grade IP67 rated connectors
- •Support for additional Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- •Excellent color response, low noise, and a high dynamic range
- •Captures, compresses, and transmits 8-bit or 12-bit pixel data
- •Feature rich and user-friendly Ladybug SDK
- •All-metal body with 2-year warranty
For more information about Ladybug6 models visit the website by clicking here