November 22, 2021
Banner’s VE Smart Cameras and Vision Manager software have been updated to add a watermark feature for saved images. If a user chooses to enable watermarking, this feature modifies the captured inspection image and permanently embeds user-selected text on top of it, for quality control and documentation. For example, a unique VIN number imported over EtherNet/IP can be saved on the image of a component intended for a vehicle to be assembled. The user has a permanent record that the part passed quality control, referencing the precise individual component’s exact image, as recorded by the VE device.
- Banner’s free and easy-to-use Vision Manager Software provides a number of tools and capabilities that enable VE Series Smart Cameras to solve a wide range of vision and identification applications, such as item detection, part positioning, flaw analysis, quality assurance, traceability, etc.
- Available in 5MP (2592 × 2048 pixels), 2MP (1600 x 1200 pixels), 1.3MP (1280 x 1024 pixels), and WVGA (752 x 480 pixels) models, all with the same powerful inspection and/or identification capabilities
- Runtime editing capability reduces costly downtime and the software emulator allows for offline building and troubleshooting of applications
- Factory communications (EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, PROFINET, and Serial RS-232) for integration on the manufacturing floor
- Six optically isolated I/O and the ability to power and control external lighting
- Onboard display provides inspection information makes it easy to update sensor settings, facilitating fast product changeover
- Robust metal housing with optional lens covers to achieve IP67 rating for use in harsh environments
Watch a video of the Banner’s VE Smart Camera by clicking here
For more information on Banner’s VE Smart Cameras, click here