OTTO Motors Launches Midsize Autonomous Mobile Robot, OTTO 600, and Makes Industry-Leading Strides in Software Development
March 24, 2023
OTTO Motors recently unveiled its newest AMR, OTTO 600, the toughest and most nimble AMR in its class. With the launch, the company now offers the most comprehensive autonomous material handling fleet on the market. OTTO 600 unlocks important new workflows with its ability to move pallets, carts and other payloads up to 600 kg (1,322 lb). With an all-metal construction and IP54 rating, OTTO 600 follows the legacy of AMRs built to deliver results in the most demanding of factory environments.
“In 2015, OTTO 1500 defined the heavy-class AMR category. In 2017, OTTO 100 quickly became responsible for the industry’s largest AMR installations. In 2022, we launched OTTO Lifter, the world’s first truly autonomous forklift. Today, we’re proud to announce OTTO 600, a mid-range AMR offering the perfect balance of strength and agility,” said Matt Rendall, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of OTTO Motors. “Powered by our industry-leading autonomous software, OTTO now offers an unmatched material handling portfolio.”Matt Rendall, Chief Executive Officer
- Maneuverable in tight spaces: offers capabilities of larger AMRs with the maneuverability needed to get around in constrained spaces like work cells.
- Durable build for demanding environments: In addition to a rugged, all-metal body, offers a superior ability to withstand dust and fluids with IP54 construction.
- Fast and safe around people and objects: Works quickly and safely alongside people thanks to advanced sensors and proven autonomy software.
- Versatile to get different jobs done: Capable of moving carts and pallets, as well as connecting islands of automation, unlocks limitless workflows including lineside delivery, work cell delivery and palletizer to stretch-wrapper transport.
- Key specs:
- 1,322 lb (600 kg) payload capacity
- 4.5 mph (2 m/s) maximum speed
- 1050/700/320 mm footprint
- IP54 rating
OTTO 600 is available through the existing global network of system integrators and material handling solution providers.
OTTO’s award-winning software is used by some of the world’s most recognized brands and Fortune 500 companies.
The latest software release, 2.28, delivers faster and safer traffic movement and a new facility configuration interface for quicker workflow set-up. The company invests heavily in software development to constantly evolve and deliver the smartest AMR software. This marks the sixth software release in the last three years. The AMR software-suite is the most proven solution in the industry with over four million hours of production driving experience and is trusted for large-scale deployments by the most reputed brands like Toyota and GE.
“The success of large-scale, deeply integrated deployments depends significantly on effective fleet management, which is why we are continuously evolving our fleet manager. In this software upgrade, we are introducing new traffic management functionality that enables users to create different rules of the road for groups of different OTTO AMRs in the facility, resulting in faster traffic movement and improved safety,” said Jay Judkowitz, VP of Product at OTTO Motors. “As our customers continue to deploy a variety of models from OTTO in complex environments, this is a game changer.”Jay Judkowitz, VP of Product
Software release features include:
- Team-Based Traffic Control: Customers can create traffic zones for specific robot types. For example, operators can specify lanes where larger AMRs cannot enter, ensuring smaller AMRs remain unblocked and are able to keep moving for higher throughput.
- New and intuitive facility configuration interface: Customers can now save up to 50% of the time required to set up facility maps and workflows. It is also easier for customers to use, learn and adapt to the system.
- Interoperability: The first AMR vendor to support the well-known AGV standard, VDA5050, empowering customers to manage dissimilar types of material handling solutions from a third-party master controller interface.
- New pallet types: The Lifter now supports BulkPak® 4845 HDMP series bins, enabling customers to move more pallets of their choice.
Since its inception, OTTO Motors has helped customers achieve throughput improvements as high as 600% and return on investment in as little as 11 months in different industry verticals. This product launch and new software enables manufacturers to automate a larger part of their material handling operations and achieve higher ROI.
OTTO 100 and the Customizable Staging Cart: Unlock Continuous Productivity in Automotive Factories and Warehouses
The automotive industry is rapidly changing as the world drives toward a sustainable future. With the rapid rise of battery electric vehicle (BEV) demand, automotive manufacturing facilities can’t keep up. By 2030, every third car sold is predicted to be electric, aligning with the 360% growth in BEV market value from 2021 to 2028.