June 14, 2021
Festo has recently introduced an application-specific pneumatic cylinder for cheese presses that improves consistency and quality in both large operations and low-volume artisanal cheese making.
The stainless-steel outer body of the Festo CRD cylinder represents the latest in sanitary innovation. Its unique bell-shaped construction provides best-in-class hygienic design. These cylinders are lubricated with biodegradable NSF-H1 food-safe grease that meets FDA 21 CFT 172.878 regulations.
The CRD is available in four bore sizes, with forces ranging from 3,016 N to 18,850 N at 6 bar.
CRD cylinders hold accurate pressure for the desired time to ensure precise process control, which optimizes product consistency and quality. To further enhance control, Festo offers the VTEM piezo operated directional valves to synchronize large banks of cylinders in automated systems.
Low-friction seals prolong service life. For environments experiencing intensive cleaning, Festo also offers CRD with a dry-running seal option for optimum operation even when harsh washdowns have dissolved cylinder lubricant.
Festo is a one-stop-shop for a range of high-quality food and beverage pneumatic solutions, including:
- – The world’s first intelligent pneumatic valve, the VTEM, which offers pressure accuracy of 1%
- – Intelligent energy monitoring solutions
- – Preassembled and tested valve terminals for fast installation
- – Compressed air filtration systems designed for food and beverage environments
- – Innovative pressure regulation systems
- – Online engineering tools to speed design and lower development costs.
Festo also offers rapid global shipment of core products and global technical support for low inventory requirements and high throughput.